Re: [Land-speed] Strength Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Strength Question
From: Ed Purinton <ecpurinton@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:25:54 -0500
Bob,

     Every comparison is relative, in the M/C world 4's are considered a
lot smoother than the singles and twins [ya, I know the "Global" types
are hiding counter balancers and vibration dampeners  in everything now
to keep us guessing].  Odd as it sounds  the '69-''75 BSA/Triumph
triples  run smooth  for back in the day stuff.

     Hair driers gave the Offy's a second wind and kept them competitive
at Indy until even newer tech finally prevailed.  Took the Chevy V-8 to
overtake them in sprints and some pretty high strung alternatives to do
it in midgets.  One of the all time great motors in my book.

     Sometimes a little flex can be a good thing, helps prevent cracks
and breakage as a result of everything being too ridged.

     Time to stop cutting bait and go fishing.  As is or welded, RUN
it!  Just keep an eye on things, thats what the wait in staging between
runs is for, worst case if you spot something  you just pull out of line
for the  fix.

                                Ed