Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, "Mike Lackey"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:30:19 -0800
Dave--Cg in front of Cp (looking from the side, i.e. an incipient spin).
So how does this play out in your average stock bodied sedan?  It's not like
you can add tail feathers to that "arrow".  A lot easier in a class where
you can do significant body mods.  This works in modified roadsters and comp
coupes though I think longer wheelbase is a much bigger factor.  But
basically I think your "don't fix it if it aint broke" is the real story in
the '86 Corolla I/GC example.
I detect in Mike Lackey's question an all to commonly seen blind allegience
to the best design principles for road race cars in planning an LSR car.
Hey here's a fun idea--- How about a giant slalom course on the Salt?  The
skiers do it.  How about us? LOL.....
Ed