Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>, Dave Dahlgren
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement
From: TOM M SHANNON <saltfevr@q.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:29:44 -0700
Boatman Ed;

Need any corner flaggers?? I'm there! LOLTom ShannonMagna, Utah> From:
23.weldon@comcast.net> To: ddahlgren@snet.net; mike_lackey@yahoo.com;
land-speed@autox.team.net> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:30:19 -0800> Subject: Re:
[Land-speed] Engine Placement> > Dave--Cg in front of Cp (looking from the
side, i.e. an incipient spin).> So how does this play out in your average
stock bodied sedan? It's not like> you can add tail feathers to that "arrow".
A lot easier in a class where> you can do significant body mods. This works in
modified roadsters and comp> coupes though I think longer wheelbase is a much
bigger factor. But> basically I think your "don't fix it if it aint broke" is
the real story in> the '86 Corolla I/GC example.> I detect in Mike Lackey's
question an all to commonly seen blind allegience> to the best design
principles for road race cars in planning an LSR car.> Hey here's a fun
idea--- How about a giant slalom course on the Salt? The> skiers do it. How
about us? LOL.....> Ed> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Dave Dahlgren"
<ddahlgren@snet.net>> To: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>; "Mike Lackey">
<mike_lackey@yahoo.com>; <land-speed@autox.team.net>> Sent: Sunday, January
13, 2008 5:17 PM> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement> > .......
Getting the center of gravity in front of the center> > of pressure with the
most weight on the drive wheels would be my choice> > personally. You can have
a car with 40/60 weight distribution as long as> the> > center of gravity is
in front of the center of pressure..> > Dave>