Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>, LAND SPEED LIST
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Engine Placement
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:17:56 -0700
My suggestion before trying a GS salt course would be to look at the
Coddington
motorhome experience.  Ab Jenkins was running on a 10 mile circle and
tore
up the course to the point where they put down rock to stabilize
sections of the
course.  That was when we had MUCH deeper salt to run on.

FWIW ... Ski racers add salt to a course to cause it to solidify.
Would you suggest
we add snow?

Wes