Re: [Land-speed] New Land Speed Contender

To: rbuck@xmission.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] New Land Speed Contender
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:08:36 EST
In a message dated 2/21/2008 9:56:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rbuck@xmission.com writes:

I found  out what it really was and then promptly forgot it.  It's
built on a  Ford F350 chassis, I think.  I have no idea what it was
doing in that  parking lot in Mesquite, though.

Coincidentally, there was a show on a PBS station a few nights ago  featuring
that very vehicle. It's a tornado chase rig, designed to withstand a  direct
hit from these types of storms. I'm sorry I don't recall exactly  which/where
I saw this, but I'm hoping another Lister also saw it.
It does look like something you'd expect to see parked near Roswell or in
Vegas.
Bob W

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)