Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR - scratch one satellite

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>, List Land Speed
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR - scratch one satellite
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:29:39 -0800
I think it's a very big deal.

What surprised me ED was the amount of energy they got into a small
package. Current electronics are so small that you can buy a complete
inertial system that is about 3x3x4 inches. Add to that phased array
radar and a targeting system and  your in business. The avionics are,
in my mind, the easy part.
The propulsion system is what amazes me. It must be 100% reliable or
your going to be building a lot of ships. Not a good plan.

Bryan