[Land-speed] Data Battery

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Data Battery
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:58:16 -0800
Take a look at a light weight trailer, break-away switch "kit". There is a
small, gel cell battery that applies the trailer brakes if the switch is
activated. Look in trailer accessories in a good auto parts store or the
local U-Haul rental place. The kit even comes with a small, composite case
to hold the battery and the wiring. The batteries are 12V, light weight, gel
cell, and have great capacity. Generally, the store will not have extra
replacements and they have to be ordered. However, the big secret is you can
find them at your local hardware store in the burglar alarm section,
cheaper! The same battery is used as a back-up for home burglar systems in
case of power failure. Since they are gel cell they are great for the abuse
of circle track. Since my trailer is in storage I can't give you the number
or details. I use to replace the battery every year. But buy one of those
"SMART" "battery tender" chargers (they are NOT trickle chargers). With a
"smart tender" my current battery is still good and going on its 3 rd year.
-Elon

From: DougOdom <dlodom@charter.net>

. . . What is the best small 12 volt battery that anyone has come up with? I
run 2 large 12 volt batteries in my car so