Re: [Land-speed] fuel and such

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] fuel and such
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:58:39 -0700
GM sold us not "POS" diesels, they were IMITATION  diesels.

The "on the take legislators" have really screwed us by not mandating ULSD
10 years ago. They say they were trying to make diesel truck owners happy.
We need to introduce a new principal into American politics,  Leadership!

GM England has a small two door sports coupe that has a 1.9L TDI engine.
at 70, on the A-4 with a passenger, AC on  it gets 51 MPG. Top speed is
governed
at 135 MPH because of the tires. This kind of diesel performance has
been available
in Europe for the last 10+ years. Why haven't we seen them? They can
ONLY run
on ULSD which we didn't get until January 2007, I think. Sulfur destroys
the sensors
in the exhaust. Modern diesel performance will blow most people away.
It's amazing,
I used to hate diesels because they started hard, were very noisy,
vibrated at normal
speeds and produced a lot of torque but no horsepower. They couldn't
produce HP
because the couldn't rev fast enough. Check the power curves on a modern
diesel.
You'll be surprised.

Bryan

A lot of the tech. for these modern diesels was developed here in the
'80's and '90's.
Check SAE papers, you'll be amazed.

NOTE: If you have a new diesel that says Use Only ULSD and you fill up
in Mexico,
it stops ruining and you have to pay all repair costs even if it has
only 100 miles on the clock.
Very, very expensive.