Re: [Land-speed] fuel and such

Subject: Re: [Land-speed] fuel and such
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:08:18 -0700
The freight ships are paying 2005 or 6 prices for their Bunker-C Fuel Oil.
That's caused by companies buying two or more year Fuel Future Contracts.
The local power company has used the last of the natural gas they purchased
three years ago. They have just asked for a 4.5% rate hike.
It will be two more years before they start using gas they bought today.
That's
one reason the railroads are making good money today.
Utilities always buy this way, as far as I know.
It's interesting how this is working out. Wait until they all start
burning fuel
they bought today, in two or three years.

Bryan

Note: Back in July, T. Boon Pickens said that the price of oil, then at
about $135,
had a speculation bubble of about $20.00. Some armatures in the media were
saying it was $50 to $80.
That's why I ignore what anyone, who isn't an experienced oil man, says
about
the subject. I have some money invested in a well known company and their
Chief Economist usually gets his oil predictions wrong.
He's real pissed at me, I told him he was listening to the wrong people.
:-)

I'll go away now......

> From: "Rich Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>

Yesterday I went to the store and bought some oranges. We grow
plenty of oranges in California. These looked good and taste good.
I just looked at the little label on them and they came from Australia.
That's a pretty long haul for an Orange. I guess they came in a
refrigerated container. Still must have burned a fair amount of
fuel to get here and still sell cheap. RF