[Land-speed] De-salting revisited

To: "'land-speed submit'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] De-salting revisited
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:48:55 -0700
Very interesting, Dave.  I went to the NHRA Nationals two weeks ago at Sears
Point. For a Friday I think they had about 20,000 in attendance. They had
FREE shuttles going round-robin to all the parking lots all day long until
it closed around 11:00pm. Racing finished around 9:30 pm. I talked to a
couple of drivers and they were all volunteers at Sears Point. I'm sure NHRA
pays the track for the service and it is factored into the tickets. It is
also about the only solution for their parking problem so it may be
legislated by some local authority. Regardless, it was a very nice
convenience for the spectators. They had bus stops all over and only about a
15 minute wait at any time. Sometimes two busses arrived together if there
was a large group to pick up. It was a potpourri of vehicles. Very small,
van-like school busses. Mid size school busses, some stuff like you see on a
military base, etc.

 -Elon

From: "Dave Dahlgren"

being a guy that uses rental cars out there if there was shuttle that was

every couple of hours I would be a player