[Land-speed] De-salting revisited

To: "'land-speed submit'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] De-salting revisited
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:50:32 -0700
So I wonder what it would cost to run a round-robin shuttle from the pits to
town all day long. 2 stops in the pits, one at the line, one at the bend,
others ad hoc (airport?). Assume 3 busses (one every 20 minutes) for 8
hours, making a 30 mile loop to town and back. About 240 miles each day at 8
miles per gallon. $5.00 diesel is about $150/day in fuel x 3 busses = $450 x
5 days $2,250. That is about 4 entry fees. Double that amount for vehicle
leasing and for $5K you have carried a ton of people all week long. I think
for the tremendous convenience, salt preservation, vehicle preservation, BLM
brownie points; it is an interesting idea. It could be a 3 way subsidy
(Hotels, BNI, and user). If the buses got a quick shot to knock off the salt
the hotels might be very interested.

  -Elon

From: "Dave Dahlgren"

being a guy that uses rental cars out there if there was shuttle that was

every couple of hours I would be a player