[Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip

To: land-speed submit <land-speed@autox.team.net>, Elon <saltfever@comcast.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:11:28 -0800 (PST)
I wonder what happened to everybody's old hometown drag strip.  The strip
where I first raced in Valkaria, Florida is now the municipal airport.  There
is an old strip near where I live now, outside of Tyler, Texas, that has been
divided in half and turned into an industrial park.  Recently, the strip at
Hallsville, Texas closed down and is going to become a mobil home park.

What about you guys?  Whatever happened to your old hometown strips?

DickJ
In East Texas