Re: [Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:09:50 EST
In a message dated 11/2/2008 11:11:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

What  about you guys?  Whatever happened to your old hometown  strips?

DickJ

What a great thread idea , Dick !!! THANK YOU !!!

Dover NY  Drags out of BIz I think late 60s, now a gravel pit, plowed up
strip
Long Island had horrible 1/8 Islip, Garlits really screwed his back on the
super mogully shut down, gone to condos. Also Westhampton, 1/4, changed   names
to blahblah Motorsports, I think still there but closed.
Connecticut Dragway shut down, now car test site for Consumers Reports Mag.
Still got the NJ tracks, or way up to Epping NH or Lebanon Valley,  NY...
BDF or others on this list can correct or enlarge on my memories.
BOBW
5 Travel Deals!