Re: [Land-speed] Theft Insurance

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Theft Insurance
From: "John Szalay" <jpszalay01@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:54:25 -0500
From: <BWANA343@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:52 PM
To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Theft Insurance

> Sometime between 7pm Oct 31 (Halloween) and Mon morning the 3rd, my race
> car
> trailer was broken into and mostly looted while it was away at the shop on
> Long Island, NY, where a lot of work is done on it. I had planned on
> picking
> up the trailer with #343 inside that day,

 Same thing happened to the Kimmel racing family (ARCA),

Updated: Sep 13, 2008 10:04 PM EDT

CLARKSVILLE, IN  - A southern Indiana family, well known on the ARCA racing
circuit,
 were the victims of theft Friday afternoon.
The Kimmel family says several items, including racer Will Kimmel's helmet,
uniform
and other racing equipment, were stolen from their warehouse in the 200
block of
 W. Lewis and Clark Parkway in Clarksville.

Will Kimmel says the items are so customized, so he is not sure why anyone
would take them.

"I don't know what they are going to do with it. My helmet is hand-painted,
it's airbrushed and
everything it says 'Kimmel.' It's silver and orange, my uniform's got my
name on it, Frank's has
his name on it. I have no idea what they'll do with it,"

according to the police,  his Hans device was included in the items taken..