Re: [Land-speed] Car Spins

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Car Spins
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:49:01 -0700
Hmmm, not sure I agree with this.  Even with zero scrub, when the wheel
is turned the the inside wheel has to rotate around the caster angle
line and that puts the outer part of th tire tread into lift and a
camber turn.  No matter what if you have caster it will lift on one side
and drop on the other.  If the spindle points downward when turned it
will load that wheel and vice versa.

YMMV

mayf