Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>, LAND SPEED LIST
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:01:30 -0700
Ya think?????

I feel a little more than nervous when folks claim records......like
the wind powered effort by Boulder City a while back.......did their
own timing aboard the vehicle......Ought to be certifiable????? By whom????

One just might count up all the cars and bikes that qualified and
then, for some reason, were not able to make the return/backup run.
If the qualifying run was counted as a record, like Jesse and others
want to do, then the record book would be filled with bogus records,
huh? And then holding a record wouldn't mean nearly so much. The
record is the only "prize" that we get....not even a trophy for fast
time unless a record is broken.

Why can't folks just follow the rules? What and where ever they are.
And once that's done successfully and certified, claim the record. It

Skip