Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, Keith Turk <kturk@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage
From: Rich Fox <v4gmr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
199.7 is a bigger number then 185,  both of which are the recorded speeds for
each of these attempts...  Yes if the BMW had a recorded speed it's exit speed
it might have been.... 459mph  but since it wasn't recorded or reported...
then guess we have to go with what we actually
know...
                        This is exactly why we don't compare exit speeds with
record speeds and then declare that my exit speed is the "New Record Speed".
It detracts from the integrity of the endeavor. It was dishonest to claim
"Jesse has brought the record back to the USA" in the press release. It's
simply not true. Show me what record he got other than the one in his mind. We
play on a level playing field. Record runs to record runs. We do not allow Top
Fuel Dragsters to claim Lakester records. I can not
 understand how you can support this Reality TV attempt at circumventing
decades of established tradition that you and I have run under.