[Land-speed] Windows Vista 64 Help Needed!

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "tweecer@yahoogroups.com"
Subject: [Land-speed] Windows Vista 64 Help Needed!
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:31:45 -0700
Ok, so I have an associate here in Pahrump, who shall remain nameless to
protect the guilty, who has a 3 year old Dell that has Vista 64 bit
installed on it.  Unfortunately he never updated or bought the antivirus
or even updated the OS during that time. And in the process it may have
as many as 15 trojans and worms and other nasty little bastards.
because now, it will not let any  *.exe run, nor *.com, not anything. It
will not access the dvd drive, not will i tpopulate the control panel. I
even tried to format it but it would not let that run either.   The
software apopears like an aftermarket buy me web site and has all the
good stuff like a normal web site. However, he even tried to pay to let
it activate (that was a dumb sh*t move in my opinion) and that would not
take either. Cannot download any updates from MicroSoft such as Defender
or the malicious software removal tools.  My son just hit me with an
idea though and that was to turn it off, then restart and go to the BIOS
and tell it to start from a dvd. I don't have thet either but he does
have a dell reinstallation disk for installed software so we could if
needed and can actually do it, reformat the drive.  This is why I use
Win XP Pro, lol....

Any suggestions?   It  needs help!  Could the drive be removed and set
up as a slave and then reformatted that way?

help!!!!

mayf
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html