Re: [Land-speed] Oiling Questions

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tweecer@yahoogroups.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Oiling Questions
From: "ddahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:18:04 -0400
The regulator is a very bad idea at least that one for that job.
A well designed system will have pump size and drive speed setup so you are
not bypassing very much oil at speed and who cares if it does at idle.
Warming the oil at idle is a pluss not a minus you will have a lot to warm
up. A simple way to warm the oil is to put about 6 or 8 feet of 3/8 steel
tubing in the tank and connect it up like it was the car heater bypassing
coolant through it. It will warm the oil quickly but not more than the
engine temperature right where you want to be. It also doubles as an oil
cooler if the oil is warmer than the water.
see these diagrams as some examples..
http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/tech_pumpdia.html
Dave