Re: More TD help

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: More TD help
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:25:24 -0700
I place the thermostat on the thermostat housing side of the thermostat/
water outlet junction. There is a recessed area in the thermostat
housing, that a modern thermostat will fit into with only a slight
amount of material removed from it's outer edge. To compensate for the
bellows action on the by-pass, I make a plate with two holes for the
securing screws, plus a 3/8" hole for water. This has been a
satisfactory flow-restrictor. I use a 160 degree thermostat. About a
$5.00 repair.