Re: Tax Disc

To: gregg.smith@slc.k12.ut.us, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tax Disc
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:41:17 EST
In a message dated 99-02-22 16:00:52 EST, gregg.smith@slc.k12.ut.us writes:

<< de in the same style as was correct for 1950.
 Now here's the question.  What type of holder was used in 1950 to
 display the tax disc?  >>

Gregg, there is a web site where you can download an authetic (sp?) period tax
disc.  I think I bookmarked it but its on the home computer.  Period holders
can be had from Paul Beck, or the Automobilist, or Gregory's auto in the UK.
I've got one hanging on the wall of my office here.  Its chrome and screws
together with a 1/8 turn.  They sold a ring of glue that held it on the
windshield...there were also some that mounted like a car badge.
Hope this helps...
Terry