Re: MGTD/C Question

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: MGTD/C Question
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:28:49 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Wiedemeyer wrote to gail wiedemeyer:

> Does anyone have an original TD/C passenger grab handle that they know
> is the correct one?  I have heard three different stories of what it
> is supposed to look like, and having never seen one, I am hoping
> someone has a very original car that they KNOW has the correct one and
> can either describe it, or e-mail me a jpeg picture of it. (ie) Is it
> tubular or flat; curved or straight; MG emblem in the middle or at the
> bottom, etc?

There is no "original" or "correct" grab handle.  Grab handles were
accessory items made by several different companies during and after the
T-Type era.  They were frequently installed by dealers, and were sometimes
even shown in factory accessory lists, but there was no single "official"
pattern.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E

///