Re: MGTD/C Question

To: "Chip Old" <fold@bcpl.net>
Subject: Re: MGTD/C Question
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 23:02:35 -0500
Chip,

Now I'm even more confused.  In the "T-Type Restoration Handbook", on page
51, about the middle of the page, in an article I believe was written by
you, it says (in discussing the later TD Mark IIs), "A curved grab handle
was mounted on the passenger's side of the facia."  Clausager's book also
makes reference to a grab handle on the passenger's side on the Mark IIs.
Since you are the recognized expert, if you say that the grab handles are
optional, even on the Mark IIs, then I will accept that, and I am relieved.
I will simply leave it off my car, and stop worrying about trying to find
the "correct" one.

Thanks,
Bob

>There is no "original" or "correct" grab handle.  Grab handles were
>accessory items made by several different companies during and after the
>T-Type era.  They were frequently installed by dealers, and were sometimes
>even shown in factory accessory lists, but there was no single "official"
>pattern.
>
>--
>Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
>Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E
>fold@bcpl.net

///