Re: MGTD/C Question

To: List MGTC <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGTD/C Question
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 23:43:43 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Wiedemeyer wrote to Chip Old:

> Now I'm even more confused.  In the "T-Type Restoration Handbook", on
> page 51, about the middle of the page, in an article I believe was
> written by you, it says (in discussing the later TD Mark IIs), "A
> curved grab handle was mounted on the passenger's side of the facia."
> Clausager's book also makes reference to a grab handle on the
> passenger's side on the Mark IIs. Since you are the recognized expert,
> if you say that the grab handles are optional, even on the Mark IIs,
> then I will accept that, and I am relieved. I will simply leave it off
> my car, and stop worrying about trying to find the "correct" one.

I interpreted your "MGTD/C" reference as meaning a TD or TC.  My
apologies, but it's unusual to see the Mark II refered to as a "TD/C".

Yes, if you're talking about a late example of a TD Mark II, then
according to *some* factory parts books a grab bar was standard.  I don't
have a picture I can send, but it was mounted on the facia just under the
scuttle, and was curved to match the curve of the scuttle.  It did not
have an MG emblem, if I remember correctly.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E

///