Re: Starter motors & flywheels

To: Joan Parker <mulpark@intekom.co.za>
Subject: Re: Starter motors & flywheels
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 16:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Joan Parker wrote:

> The reference books I have consulted quote that the TC has a flywheel
> with 120 teeth, and starter with 9 teeth, whereas the TDs with the 7<
> inch clutch had flywheel with 93 teeth and starter with 10 teeth - is
> this correct or not??? If it is correct, how can ne explain that I
> have a TC starter with 10 teeth????

The TC starter has 10 teeth, and the flywheel has 93 teeth.  The tooth
count is the same for early TDs with 7.25 inch clutch, although the
starter motor is smaller.  The late TD and TF with 8 inch clutch has 120
teeth on the flywheel and (I think) 9 teeth on the starter motor.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E

///