Manuals

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Manuals
From: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:08:37 -0500
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions on books and manuals for
use during my TD restoration and especially for Bud Kreuger's offer of
the loaner of his Blowers book for my inspection. I've decided to pursue
the MG issued workshop manual as it sounds as if it will suit my needs
best. By the way, I already have the Clausager Original book as well as
the T Series Restoration book by Malcolm Green and I expect them to be
very helpful. If anyone needs a copy of the Clausager T Series book which
is out of print, I found it very reasonably priced at
www.haleymotorsports.com for $29.95 plus $4.95 S/H. Most every other
outlet was asking $40-60.

While I'm waiting on the manual, perhaps you guys could help me with a
few questions:
1. What weight of gear oil is recommended for the differential on TD's?
2. What paint do you recommend for dressing up a used radiator without
detracting from its heat exchanging capabilities?
3. Can anyone give a concise explanation as to the different types of
bolts and nuts used in the T-Series cars and the proper spanners
(wrenches) for working with them?

Thanks again in advance.
Bill Snyder
'53 TD in boxes