MG TF Temperature

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG TF Temperature
From: "John A. Gunnell" <gunnellj@athenet.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 13:23:58 -0500
Hi Mates

We made a 65-mile run to Green Bay in the TF 1250 yesterday to promote our
Iola Old Car Show. On the way home (also 65 miles) the car got a little hotter
than ever before, though there was no overheating and it cooled right back
down rather quickly.

This car usually runs at 85-degrees c. After the return trip, when shut off,
it inched over 110 degrees c.

Four years ago, when I first got my TD, I remember John Twist telling me
something to the effect that 100 degrees c. is a "good" range for T Series
cars to run in.

But it seems to me that 100 degrees c. would be up near the top of the scale
on the temp. gauge.

Does the MG gauge work a bit different than an American car gauge? For
instance, on an American car you might have a gauge showing 250 at top, but
your car is really too hot at 220.

Is a T-Series "just right" near the top of the scale, or should the car run
somewhere in the middle of the scale?

I always wondered about this.

John Gunnell
PO Box 87