Re: MG TF Temperature

To: gunnellj@athenet.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG TF Temperature
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:27:49 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/2006 11:27:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
gunnellj@athenet.net writes:

> But it seems to me that 100 degrees c. would be up near the top of the scale
> on the temp. gauge.
>
> Does the MG gauge work a bit different than an American car gauge? For
> instance, on an American car you might have a gauge showing 250 at top, but
> your car is really too hot at 220.

John, 85 to 90 degrees C should be max.....sound like maybe your thermostat
stuck closed.....stick a cooking thermometer in your radiator and check the
calibration on your temp gage.....if gage is right, 110 is way too hot.

You can also evap enough water out of the radiator expecially at altitude so
that the temp gage is not reading water temp.  When I do this on the TA, the
gauge gets to be erratic and I know I'm low on water.

Terry