Re: TD Windscreen

To: Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz
Subject: Re: TD Windscreen
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:11:22 -0400
Hi Doug,
   I measured my windscreen on chassis 21934.  At the center, the bottom
of chrome frame to top of chrome frame is 10 1/4; the exposed glass is 8
5/8".
   The three-bow canvas tops fit both the side-mount and centre-mount
wiper windscreens.
   In the parts book, the windscreen changed at chassis 22315 when the
wiper motor was moved to the centre.  The "hood complete" changed at
chassis 20696 when it became three-bow.
    Since the chassis numbers at the change points are not the same, I
appears that both canvas hoods will fit all windscreens. The sidecurtains
must be the correct model for the hood, though.
    You wrote that your windscreen measured 9 5/8.  That's different from
mine. It will be interesting to see what they measure on other cars.   I
suspect that the sidecurtains would work; they would have to be set to
top of windscreen side bracket so that the hood would clamp down to them,
and any extra size would be positioned lower on the door.
   What is the measurement of the pins for the hood?  Are the
measurements the same on both windscreens?  Mine are 38 inches
centre-to-centre.
Bob

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:56:12 +1200 "Douglas Ormrod"
<Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz> writes:
> Hi T People
>
> My TD is a 1952 chassis # 11368 with a two bow top.
>
> I am having major windscreen problems. Car is all trimmed ready for
> a new bespoke hood to be made. However, when we tried to fit up the
> original screen it would not sit right - car has been rolled at some
point and
> scuttle brackets were out of shape. We were working on trying to
straighten
> things out when a complete second hand TD screen became available in
Australia