Re: Original hood?

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Original hood?
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:51:39 -0400
Blake,
Thanks for your answer, but the cockpit rails were recovered and the
hood not reattached.  The vinyl covering over the wooden rails has no
holes in it at all.  I guess it would be possible to try to probe the
vinyl to see where there may have been a hole, but that would be
extremely difficult.
It's hard to know what a DPO was thinking when he did things.  As we all
know, some of the amazing things that are done cannot be explained with
logic.  There are many things that have been done to this particular car
that are in this category.
I was hoping that someone could tell from my description of the hood
itself if it is original or not.  Either that or give me an idea of
something to look at on the hood to tell.
Thanks again.
Charlie