Re: [Mg-t] Fouled Spark Plugs

To: nels@flightsim.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Fouled Spark Plugs
From: PopeyMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:19:46 EDT
Nels:

Non of that matters.  The main problem is fuel and air  distribution.
There is no way on earth that you can balance the correct  amount of air and
fuel flow.  I found this to be an impossible task -  especially since i get
older and my hearing is worse since it has deteriorated  due to the rumble of
the MG Jungle.   I love to listen to that engine  - the true identity of a
fine sports breed.

I have looked for more scientific and better ways to do the balancing since
 the eyes and ears are fading quickly.

So I managed to buy a
_http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=572_
(http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=572)  STE  air flow
indicator - make sure you get the right size to fit your carbs.   This site
is just one of many - so look around prices vary.  About  $30

This one single tool did more good in balancing air flow then any other
method I found before - and believe you me I tried them all.

The next thing I invested in is a Gunson color tune spark plug - I actually
 bought two - to screw into each pair 12 or 34.  About $30 ea

What this did was balance the flow of fuel based on the color of the
ignition.

What a remarkable and easy job it is to do this carb tuning and the engine
hums, Sings, PERCOLATES with the precision of a fine swiss watch.  What a
difference I tell you, I am sold on this more scientific way and less on
using  my worn out eyes and ears.

Use Google - Check out several sites - prices vary also try Amazon and
Ebay.  The color tune can be bought used - but the STE I would buy new  since
it is a delicate instrument and should be in tip top shape to give you  good
readings.

Good luck.

Michael Balahutrak
53 TD Houston TX

In a message dated 6/29/2010 5:17:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,