Re: [Mg-t] Fouled Spark Plugs

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Fouled Spark Plugs
From: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:23:03 -0400
Oops, it looks like I misspoke on the spark plug type. The L82YC are
what was in the car when I first got it, and are the wrong type since I
do have the later head that requires the 3/4" reach plugs. What is
actually in it now are Champion N5C plugs.

About the carbs. I didn't do any of the work, as I know my limitations!
The rebuild and install was done by a local expert, who is a full time
British car only mechanic with more than 30 years experience. He's far
more qualified than me to install and set carbs, which is why I did not
expect to see this problem again.

The black deposits on the plugs are what I would believe to be carbon.
It's dry and hard but pretty thick on the #3 and #4 plugs. I have a
little smoke from the exhaust, but it's pretty minimal so I don't
believe I have any serious ring problem.

In general, the engine runs pretty good actually so this isn't really
that big a problem. If I have to clean the plugs every 1000 miles I can
live with that but if there's a way to improve it that would be nice.

--Nels Anderson