Re: [Mg-t] Brake Fluids - DOT 5 / DOT 5.1 Mixtures (dont do it!)

To: spook01@comcast.net, clive.sherriff@ntlworld.com,
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Brake Fluids - DOT 5 / DOT 5.1 Mixtures (dont do it!)
From: PopeyMike@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:33:54 EDT
Gentlemen:

Of course it is not good to do this - maybe also quite dangerous.

But in effect these two will separate and as long as there is no air - they
 will still work as incompressible fluids and stop the car.

The real danger happens if you overheat the brakes and the heat is
transferred to the fluid.  They they may actually act funny and  dangerously.

I would not mix them and let everyone else know.

Michael Balahutrak
53 TD
Houston, TX

In a message dated 10/8/2010 6:58:42 A.M. Central Daylight Time,