A big day

To: "MGB-V8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: A big day
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:42:31 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Had a very good day today.  I drove up to XKs Unlimited in San Luis Obispo
to pick up my rear axle, freshly rebuilt with a 3.07 CWP from Mike
Satur...On arriving home with the axle, there was a message from the welding
shop that my swirl pot was done.  Picked up the swirl pot, looks like they
did really good work on it- it came out exactly as I had been picturing it.
Ever notice how hard it can be to find people in any craft that really seem
to care, and put some heart into their work?  I believe that there are
actually a higher percentage of good folks in the LBC field than many
others.
I spent a total of nine hours in the '96 F150 today chasing parts... But
then I have said for years that a British sports car and an American pickup
truck are like yin and yang, night and day, two halves of the whole...
I will take some photos of the swirl pot in and out of the car, and see if I
can get them online somehow for those who are interested.  I think AT&T
WorldNet gives me a couple of megs of web space on a server somewhere, but I
don't have a lot of time to fool with it...If you are interested, let me
know. (Jim, I already counted you..)

Scott Pontius (currently cobbling up a throttle cable from MGB cable
fittings, cable and sleeve from the local bicycle shop, and 3/16" stainless
steel clevis pins from the sailboat hardware section at the local West
Marine store...)
'78 MGB V8
'96 Ford F150 support vehicle
Los Angeles