RE: Flywheels

To: BlkfxdWG@aol.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Flywheels
From: Timothy Duhamel <tduhamel@prototechco.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:02:07 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hey Carl,

Glad to hear you're finally under way!

I just lightened my flywheel this year, from 25lbs to 20lbs.  Overall engine
response is better.

I'm running a Centerforce 10.4" pressure plate.  The peddle pressure is
substantially higher than a stock B; though I don't find it too much while
stuck in traffic.  (Of course my left thigh is now twice the thickness of my
right.  But that's beside the point.)

Don't forget to have the driveshaft wall thicker than 0.060" to avoid those
pesky twist and snaps.

Cheers,
Tim Duhamel
running a Sebringed '79 Beast with a Buick 215
tduhamel@prototechco.com