TO brgs and flywheels

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: TO brgs and flywheels
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:44:43 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Have a Tilton HTOB in the 67 works well, used Tiltons in my race stuff with
triple disc clutch units, never a failure.  Have installed Weber/Mc in 3
cars, a tad higher pedal pressure than my Tilton with identical pressure
plates.  I like the Weber better Quality wise.

'67 has a 24 pound FW, '75 has a 30 pounder.  Same motor more or less, '67
quicker revs and lower gear acceleration.  The '75 has a nicer clutch
action, feels smoother.

Did a '79 with a weber HTOB and a 10.4 Z-28 clutch.  Pedal pressure high
and a quick engagement point.  The "slip band" was very narrow and hard to
get a velvet smooth engagement.  That sucker did not slip under power though.

If you can get the FW lightened for $50 or less do it IMHO.

Off to Stowe in the rain, should be good Saturday and Sunday.

Jack
Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
'67 MGB V-8