Re: Quick fan / radiatior question

To: Wake074@aol.com
Subject: Re: Quick fan / radiatior question
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 00:14:41 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Forget the fans, but get the radiator if it is 1977 or later. Bring a sawsall, &
cut out the radiator side mounts. I like the power assisted brakes & installed
them on my '74. You will need the complete pedal assembly, all the brake line
you can access, to splice into the existing, & if possible, the bit of metal the
pedal box bolts to, or at least a paper pattern.  Late model cars have a switch
on the emergency brake lever to light a warning lite on the dash telling you the
brake is on. Not difficult to add to an early car, get the entire lever
assembly. Later cars have reinforced doors for side impact. Direct swap & safer.
They also have hinges that hold the doors open when pushed betond a certain
point. Keeps the door from closing on your leg while you get in in some
circumstances. If you do not have a day/nite mirror, grab one. Heater motor will
be a 2 speed if you need one. If the windshild is good, you can always use a
spare. Lights, lights, lights. Bonnet will have more arch than an early car for
air cleaner clearance.

Jim Stuart
2 V8's & a '68 Bronco