Flywheel Indentification

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel Indentification
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:46:57 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
My 215 rebuild is still coming along and I hope to make some of the body
modifications this weekend.  Heres my next question.  I can't seem to
identify the flywheel off my Olds F-85 block (It doesn't compare to anything
in my Buick shop manual).  I'm guessing its from an automatic transmission
model.  I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

>From Outside to Inside
Total Diameter = 13.25"
Outside Ring = 1.25" wide with 24 holes
Step Down = 3/8" deep
Middle Ring = 7/8" wide with 6 holes and two locating pins
Step Down = 1/2" deep on 45 degree angle
Center flat section = 7.5" diameter

Even with my very limited (but rapidly expanding) car knowledge I cannot
imagine how I would hook a clutch up to this.  Do I need to add a custom
lightened flywheel available through the V8 suppliers to my ever growing list
of things to purchase?

Thanks again for the help,

Glenn

Ps.  If anyone has a RB steering U Joint assembly laying around that they
wouldn't mind contributing to my conversion, I'd like to purchase it.  I'd of
course pay a little for it, and cover all shipping.