Rolling Road!

To: "MGB Newsgroup (E-mail)" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rolling Road!
From: Simon Green <sgreen@eurobell.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:44:45 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi All
Well I have been and done it.....!
My B went down to the rolling road.
He started it up put it in gear, put his foot down a bit, got back out, put
some sticky stuff on the wheels, got back in and put his big boot
down....all the way to just over 6000rpm (my god, my hart was in my throat
as my car went to 8 on the richter scale)...he got out and said "she is
quite power full!"
A few tweaks and two more time's up to 6000rpm, several times to the toilet!
for me and he was happy at 222bhp at 5586rpm and 223lb ft at 4575.....
After all that it rained all the way home..(some fun at 70mph with wheel
spin)...

For #50 UKP to get a car the runs better and to see 11 more bhp and 12 more
lb ft I  think that it was money well spent.

Now all I need to do is replace or fix all 4 dampers and get the corner
weights sorted...(will it stop?)..

Simon

I have a mpeg of the car doing 6000rpm that will be on the web soon!