Re: Exhaust

To: Bruce <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Bruce,

I used a generic Dynomax turbo exhaust with a 2" in
and 2" out.  I believe mine had a center in, offset
out configuration.  They were really cheap.

Mine is really a temporary installation until I get
around to having someone really talented bend up the
pipes.  Out of each side RV8 header I have:

around a 30" straight section
Muffler
The exit of the muffler goes up over the axle and out
the back.  It is very, very tight, especially on the
passenger side because of the flex brake line.  You
may have to relocate this a little. I believe you have
already moved your gas tank.
I made a semi-circular cutout similar to the drivers
side, which is where the tips exit.

The exit of the muffler is located just ahead of the
end of the floor boards.  Ie. just in front of where
the metal goes back up for the batteries.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

http://auctions.yahoo.com/