RE: Cooling fans

To: "Matt Diamond" <mgb_69@hotmail.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling fans
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:18:01 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Matt-

You probably have the original Rover water pump & pulley. This projects much
farther forward than the Buick 300 water pump which should bolt right up. If
you are in the U.S., this should be available through most auto parts stores
including the various discount stores such as Pep Boys, for around $40.00.
New pulleys & alternator mounts may be required, but this is a way to make
room for a "puller" fan. It is also possible to move the radiator forward to
give additional space.

I use a 16" puller rated at over 2700 cfm, about 3" thick mounted to the
radiator, & this supplies plenty of cooling, even on 90` days.

You may want to contact Glen Towery for the parts & pieces for your Rover
motor. Fans are available through adds in the Street Rod magazines. The fans
sold by Moss & BV are too thick & too small in capacity. For many parts for
our conversions, it is a good idea to move away from traditional MG parts
sources, as they do not address some of our needs.

Jim Stuart