1980MGB/215/T5

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: 1980MGB/215/T5
From: Greg Myer <motorhead45@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:04:51 +0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Dave
            I'd suggest you don't make any cuts until you check a couple
of things. My rubber bumper B has that flange in the tunnel too. It is in
the way . Instead of cutting it, I took a 2 pound maul to it and laid it
back until it was flush with the tunnel.
That solved my problem. The rear of the trans could then come up and fit
the cross member...and in my case the last exhaust port cleared the
steering. I'm using mounts and a cross member that I fabricated here, but
I tried to match what I've seen on the
various V8 sites and in the Newsletter, and friend's cars that are
finished.
                                Greg

'74 MGB GT 215 T5 project