RE: Thermostat

To: "'v8'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thermostat
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 13:37:14 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The thermostat will not effect maximum operating temperature.  Unless
you have one hell of a cooling system, or live above the artic
circle.....

It will only effect the rate of initial temperature increase of the
coolant.  If we compare a 165 degree thermostat vs a 185 degree
thermostat, the rate of increase will be the same for both up to 165
degrees; after that, the 165 degree thermostat will open and allow for a
slower rate of increase than the 185 degree thermostat (which of course
will remain closed until 185 degress).  But then I think Paul H and I
have had this 'discourse' before.  If I'm not mistaken he does not agree
with me on this point.  Ya out there Paul?  It's time for your point of
view.

Larry Hoy