Re: Thermo 101 and Oil question

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: Thermo 101 and Oil question
From: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 10:39:52 -0700
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James J.
Thanks for the excellent response.  You should write text books!
I am curious about your comment concerning emissions.

<James J. wrote>  "I should mention that hotter temps mean higher emissions,
too."

Back in the old days it seemed like 180 F thermostats were the norm.
Then when emissions became an issue 192 F thermostats became common.
I was told that the higher temp thermostats were to help reduce emisisons.
Any insight into this?
Regards,
Jim B.