Rocker assembly question

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker assembly question
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:33:01 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have some conflicting info on how to assemble the rocker assemble.

The rover manual says the keyed mark on the shaft should be on the top and to
the right.  And the pushrod side of the rocker arm should be on the right.
Looking at the oil holes in the shaft and arm, the are about 70 degrees off of
each other.

The haynes manual says on the right side of the engine the tick mark should be
at the front of the engine at the top.  Looking at the oil holes again that
would put the holes nearly 180 degrees away from each other.

I can arange the shaft so that the oil holes line up almost perfectly, but
it's the opposite of what both manuals say.  The key mark would have to be
pointing down.

Anybody know which way is correct?