How crash-worthy is an MGB?

To: v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: How crash-worthy is an MGB?
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:46:39 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
All,
A little off-topic, but has anyone here ever crashed an MG, or been t-boned? I've read in a million places about how the MGB is a really strong, and over-designed car,but that was 1962, and other than the collapsable steering column, I cant think of any other significant safety changes (bumpers and padded dash don't count in my book). I don't know how I started thinking about this morbid topic, but I was just curious what my survival chances were if I got t-boned or rear-ended or if I slamed head-on into something in the MG vs. other common cars.
Any survival stories here? How about horror storries?
Penny for your thoughts.
James J.

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.