Re: driveshaft phasing

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: driveshaft phasing
From: "Hans Mattes" <mattes@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:23:42 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I put a Honda S2000 engine and transmission into a Westfield after taking a
Rover V8 and 380 trans out.  I kept the Ford Sierra rear end and had the
Westfield's driveshaft shortened  and balanced.  (The flanges fit!  -- though
they did need some additional bolt holes drilled.)

When aligning the engine mounts to set the driveshaft angles I just eyeballed
the sump line along the chassis tube edge.  Moderately accurate, but certainly
not precision.  I feel no driveshaft effects at any speed.