driveshaft phasing

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: driveshaft phasing
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:21:44 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
So far, I have only 'eyeballed' my driveshaft angles, and before I have the
driveshaft made I'd like to read from others (who have their cars completed and
successfully driven high speeds) about just how precisely they set up the
interference angles on their driveshafts - and how they did it.  I understand
the
intent of the setup but I dont have any actual, hands on experience.   I dont
want to try for precision that isnt needed but I dont want to be cavalier,
either.  I have a solid axle that can be shimmed and I'd prefer not to
re-engineer my motor mounts and transmisssion mounts ...  Any stories will be
appreciated.