Re: Roller Lifters

To: JJJ <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: Roller Lifters
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:54:01 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi JJ,

I am not positive but I do not think you can use roller lifters on a
mechanical or hydrualic cam.  The problem is the profile of the lobes.
I believe for rollers there has to be a specific lobe profile.  I also
think you must change springs for the rollers to work properly.  Check
this with a cam manufacturer or good engine machinist.

I have had several roller cam engines built for racing and the
adavantage is unquestionable.  However, when I did this all the
components were designed to work with roller lifters.
--
        Best regards,
        Tom