V8 alternator

To: "'mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net'" <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: V8 alternator
From: "Frazer, John A" <John.Frazer@astrazeneca.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:14:34 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I have an original MGB GT V8 and am converting a 1980 as well using mostly
factory parts. I'm stuck on something that should be easy. I have a factory
alternator mount for the AC delco 45 amp alternator, but i can't find an
alternator to fit. The space between the valve cover and where the pulleys
fall into alignment is quite short.

What alternators are available to fit the factory V8 mounts? Any help much
appreciated.

John A. Frazer
Office : 334.356.5242
Fax: 334.356.5521
Cellular: 334.303.5836

"What I do today is important,
Because I am paying a day of life for it.
What I accomplish must be worthwhile,
Because the price is high."

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read,
disseminate, or use this information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately and delete it from your syste